Can't see my dashboard

Jump to solution
ceciliagomez111
Community Novice

I am able to log in to my canvas account, when I access the dashboard, it shows me the white boxes for the classes but it does not load. I tried restarting and login again, but it still did the same thing. When I go to the course tab and select a course, I get a blank screen? Im using a macbook Air safari

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @ceciliagomez111  and welcome to the Community.  If you go to Courses and "all courses" do you see any courses listed either in current or future enrollments?  Normally courses you are enrolled in will show up on your dashboard by default as well as in the list on the Courses tab.  If when you go to Courses > All courses you do see a class but it isn't starred, you can start it and it should appear on your dashboard.  However, if you are a student and you are enrolled in a course, it will not appear on your dashboard until it has been published by the instructor.  It is common to talk to students who do not see one or more courses and find out that this is because it/they are not published.  It never is a bad idea to try with a couple of web browsers (such as Chrome and Safari or FireFox), but if nothing works your best option may be to contact Canvas Support (question mark icon) or someone at your institution who is a Canvas administrator.  We in the Community are fellow Canvas users from around the world and cannot see your account to determine if there are classes there which you are enrolled in.  Canvas Support or an admin at your institution would be able to do this however.

From an instructor perspective, when someone is newly hired to teach a course there is a bit of lag possible (at least at my institution) between when they are added to the course by our Registrar and when our student information system pushes that update to Canvas.  If you are an instruction they may be happening as well.

Hopefully some of this information is helpful and best wishes!

View solution in original post