Canvas at University of Illinois Chicago

Jump to solution
LarryPOhlman
Community Member

Does UIC use Canvas?

I am a part-time instructor who has been using Blackboard for several years.

I've recently wanted to use multiple-choice questions based on a short case. I can load the multiple-choice questions into Blackboard but I have not found a way to include the case along with the questions.

My current solution is to direct the students to a short file with the case story and then tell them to open the multiple-choice questions.

Larry Pohlman

lfp@uic.edu

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @LarryPOhlman ...

You've posted your question to the global Canvas Community website.  We wouldn't have access to your school's LMS or the courses in it.  I did a quick search of your school's website, and I found the following page:

Learning Management System | Center for the Advancement of Teaching Excellence | University of Illin...

Since it does not appear that UIC utilizes Canvas, you could sign up for a Free-for-Teachers Canvas account and put your course content in there.  Or, you could certainly reach out to your school's Online Learning / eLearning department to see if there are any plans to consider Canvas as their LMS in the future.

Service - Blackboard Learn (uillinois.edu)

Here is a Guide on how to get a FFT account:

How do I sign up for a new Free-for-Teacher Canvas... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Hope this helps a bit!

View solution in original post

0 Likes