Change File Size

Jump to solution
Community Novice

Can the Canvas creators make it so that there is limit to how much a Canvas email message can take in gb or kb, etc. because I was trying to send something but the file size was kind of big so it took a long time for it to send.

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @152201  and welcome to the Community.  I believe there is a limit to the size of a file that can be sent in Conversations (Inbox).  Here, How do I attach a file to a message as a student?, the document states that files attached to messages count against personal file size limits.  These limits can be changed by an institution depending on need, but the time it takes to send a message is normally highly dependent on internet speed.  At my institution what I run into more commonly is folks who are having trouble with course or personal storage limits being too low for their need so asking for more space.  There often are ways to reduce the size limit of a file.  If you run into this type of problem often you might see if this is possible or if you can transmit the file in another way (such as providing access to the file in something like Google Drive or MS OneDrive).

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post