cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottZvers
Community Member

Changing dates on already expired Global Announcements

We frequently post the same global announcments annually. Test dates, flex/edays, etc.

How do I recycle old announcements? I try to edit the start and end dates but they are greyed out.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @ScottZvers ...

We have a separate Canvas course shell where we "archive" most of our announcements that we post to the Canvas Dashboard.  Basically, we have modules named for our semester (Fall 2021, Spring 2022, etc.), and then within those modules, we use text headers to separate out the announcements by month.  Then, we have content pages for each announcement we post to the Dashboard...so that we can grab them if need be for re-use.  Of course, you could organize your modules and content pages however you wanted, but this is one way to do it.  Hope this helps a bit.

This is really helpful. Thank you so much!  

Any idea why they don't add this feature to edit announcement dates?

Hello again, @ScottZvers ...

I am not sure, to be honest.  However, have you seen the Global Announcements page that is part of your "Account" button within Canvas?  I'm not sure if if this would be of help to you, but I wanted to point it out just in case:

Also, if you wanted, you could maybe suggest any changes you'd like to see with Global Announcements as a Feature Idea here in the Canvas Community:

Hopefully one or more of these links will be of help to you.  Take care...

Yes, I am speaking about changing dates on Global Announcements.

Thank you

Hello there, @ScottZvers ...

Thank you for clarifying that for me.  I *think* the information in the blue box within this Guide may help to answer your question about the dates for Global Announcements:

How do I create a global announcement in an account?

Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!