Copy/Paste Image

Jump to solution
jwfulton
Community Novice

Can I copy and paste an image without having to save it to a file. 

6 Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi John -

Unfortunately, unless the image has already been added to your course via Files or the Content Selector, you can't copy and paste images into Canvas content.

It would be great to be able to do so, and a number of Canvas Community members have already started discussing the functionality. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3613-paste-images-into-canvas" modifiedtitle="true" title="Pas... Please consider voting and adding your comments to the ongoing discussion.

View solution in original post

tim_mccarthy
Community Member

Easily the WORST feature of Canvas. Copy and paste is the easiest function to code.

Why isn't this functionality available in Canvas and WHEN will it be updated?

Infuriating for so many teachers. Please make it available asap

hjo
Community Member

I share the same frustration of not being able to do a "simple" copy an image from my own powerpoint file into a quiz question. Why is it not possible?

___Bye___
Community Novice

There is absolutely no excuse for NOT having a simple copy/paste image function. None. 

The level of incompetence on the behalf of those who designed this platform is borderline malicious. 

I'm jumping ship and quitting school until this distance learning business is far in the past, and it's all thanks to the people who designed the Canvas user interface.

I agree that this simple functionality should be added to Canvas. The fact that it does not exist implies poor management of the Canvas software team.  Someone was not doing their job when they allowed Canvas to release a product that does not include this simple functionality that ALL users need.  

Caseygcc
Community Novice

This is absolutely necessary! Please implement image copy paste ASAP.