Create canned comments for assignments

Jump to solution
JaysonHart
Community Explorer

I'm wondering if there is anyway to create a set of "canned comments" for assignments. I find myself typing out the same comments to many, many students for common issues or problems. It would be nice to have a list of comments I create for each assignment that I could pick from that would automatically populate in the comment box as needed.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @JaysonHart ...

This is a popular request from Canvas users.  Unfortunately, I don't believe this currently exists in Canvas.  However, check out the Feature Idea Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comm... - Canvas Community.  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something that you would like to see implemented in Canvas, you can give it a star rating as well as provide a comment (maybe paste in your paragraph above) to let Canvas engineers know why this would be important to you.

For the time being, you may just have to create a spreadsheet or Word document that contains your frequently used/canned comments, and then do a bit of copying/pasting to Canvas.

I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope it has helped to answer your question.  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post