cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christopher_yip
Community Member

Data Services page keeps refreshing on MacBook Safari

Jump to solution

I have successfully added the Data Services to my Canvas admin menu. However, when I click on it, the screen keeps refreshing and will not display the content. I'm using MacBook Pro running Mojave. Does anyone have any idea if there is some plug-in I'm missing? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Oxana. It seems to be working fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Christopher,

Wha web browser are you using?  I see similar behavior when I try to open the Canvas Data Portal using Safari, but it works fine in Chrome.  My suspicion is that there's some security setting in Safari that's blocking shared credentials between frames coming from different servers, but I haven't pinned it down.

Anyway, my recommendation is to try with Chrome or Firefox and see if you see the same behavior.

Mike

Thanks Michael! Yes, got it to work in Chrome, but hoping it would work in Safari so I don't have to switch browsers. If you happen to find out why it is happening in Safari, please let me know. Much appreciated!

oxana
Community Participant

Hi  @christopher_yip 

We were not able to replicate this on our developer's own instance of Safari. We were using version 13.0.4 (MacOS Mojave)

Safari does have the inherent cookie problem that will not allow an iframe to save a cookie. To remedy this, we have implemented a flow that will attempt to launch the tool in a full window, create the cookie, then redirect back to the main Canvas window. If a loop is happening, Safari might be blocking cookies from being created.

Another thing you could try is (temporarily) disabling “prevent cross-site tracking” option under the Safari preferences > Privacy

Thank you,

Oxana Jurosevic

Data Services Product Manager

Thanks Oxana. It seems to be working fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos