Did I Just Leave During Our Exam In Canvas When I Clicked Our Zoom Meeting?

Jump to solution
J_R
Community Novice

We were having our exam on canvas, and you know how teachers/proctors can monitor if you actually left the canvas, right? It was also a synchronous exam which means that while answering online, we're also on a zoom meeting, so the teachers would be able to see if we have any other gadgets or things with us that could be used for cheating. I kept on clicking our zoom meeting because I kept on checking my face (yes, I know, kind of weird) so I was wondering if I was actually leaving Canvas whenever I clicked on our zoom meeting. I need an answer ASAP, thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

HI @J_R 

You will have to check with your instructor to see what they see, but switching the focus from the quiz over to the Zoom window would probably register with the instructor's quiz log that you had stopped viewing the quiz questions.

Remember, if the Zoom desktop client is running, you can "minimize" the client and it will float as a smaller window on top of whatever is on your desktop, so there's no need to click out of the quiz into the Zoom meeting to "check your face": https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362103-Minimizing-and-exiting-Zoom 

View solution in original post