cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vrcao
Community Member

Direct edit for students within assignment space?

I have been reading about a product called Kami that allows students to mark up a file within the Canvas assignment page and turn it in without the need to download, edit, save, and upload.  When will Canvas automatically have that feature for students especially young learners who are not as tech saavy? Can something similar to the teacher feature in speedgrader be employed to facilitate this?

Thank you

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @vrcao ...

You might want to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone at your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  Similar capabilities can already be accomplished by using the Google or the Office 365 LTI integrations with Canvas.  These LTIs can be installed at the Canvas account level so that all Canvas courses at your school can utilize them.

Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Take care...be well...stay safe.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

If your students can access their activities using the Canvas Student app, they can annotate right within the app! Teachers just need to link the item as a PDF into the instructions of the activity so it will open easily for the students.

How do I use DocViewer in Canvas assignments as a student?

How do I add annotations to a submission in the Student app on my iOS device?