Discussion Page Rollback Needed

ChaseorCharles
Community Novice

There seems to have been a Canvas update a few days ago, and ever since then the discussion pages are loading really choppy and it's making doing the assignments difficult. For reference, I'm working from my home computer 64g ram 24 core processor, on Chrome incognito in case it's addons or ad blockers.

Login to Canvas and navigate to an active discussion. Pretend you are a student. Scroll around with the mousewheel. Expand some replies. Mousewheel down to the next parent reply, expand the replies. Scroll around more. The page becomes increasingly choppy, and by the time you're reading your 4th or 5th set of replies they just start failing to load.

Any way to fix this? This was a very half-a$$ed push on the part of Canvas. It has been documented a problem in their redesign for several weeks at least (see previous posts: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Discussions-Announcements/Discussions-Redesign-Lag-time-loading-r... )

Does ANYONE have a word on when the page will be rolled back? I'm a student have have assignments to do and can't even get the page to load, and can't tell what text is replying to what comment with the new fonts and styles.

Labels (1)
0 Likes