Downloading Turnitin to Canvas

Jump to solution
ycota1
Community Novice

Hello all, 

I am trying to set up a Turnitin assignment on Canvas. Once I reach the Online section and chose "File Uploads" the "Plagiarism Review" section does not open to give me the access to Turnitin. No additional boxes open or populate. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ycota1 ...

Depending on how your school has set up Turnitin to integrate with Canvas, you may have to actually select "External Tool" from the "Submission Type" drop-down menu.  Then, you would be prompted to select Turnitin from the list of external tools your school has available in your Canvas environment.  Once Turnitin has been selected from this menu, you can put in any directions for the assignment, and then you'd save the assignment.  You should see the Turnitin interface show up below any directions you include for your students.  You can then make additional settings that are specific to Turnitin.

If you are looking for the other way that Turnitin might be integrated into your Canvas environment (via the "Online" >> "File Uploads"), you may need to consult with your school's local Canvas administrator to ensure that this integration is properly set up for you and your colleagues.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Yesenia.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi  @ycota1 ...

Thanks for the additional information.  I would highly recommend that you reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator to see how Turnitin is integrated into your school's Canvas environment.  If Turnitin is installed at the account level (something that your local Canvas administrator would be able to set up), then it's generally not necessary to also install Turnitin into every course that you teach, too.  If Turnitin is installed at the account level, then it should be available for all Canvas courses at your school.  I hope this additional information will be of help to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes