Edited student allocation on an assignment now all responses are missing

Jump to solution
K_G
Community Member

I set an assignment for my class. All except one student, who was experiencing connection trouble, successfully submitted their answer (typed directly as a text entry). I changed the due date on the assignment to give that one student more time, but then I also edited another section of the assignment, changing it from allocating it to the whole class to only allocating it that one student. As such, all the other students' responses have disappeared and I can't seem to find a way (including undelete, since I technically didn't delete it) to get them back! 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@K_G This is a common issue.  You just need to click the little "+ Add" button at the bottom of the "Assign to" box to add a new Assign to box.  Then put the "Everyone" back (it will most likely say "Everyone Else" as Canvas realizes you are assigning it to everyone but the student you singled out).  This will reassign it back to your class.

You want to use the "+ Add" when you are giving a student a different due date and not switch the current assign to box as that is unassigning it for everyone else.  Once you re-assign it back to the class, all the submissions and grades will return.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post