cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElizabethWI
Community Participant

Gradebook has grades, but gradebook history does not.

Jump to solution

I am going over my older courses - mine are compliance courses, not academic courses, so I hang onto all courses for three years. I am looking over courses that I still need to have access to, but the most important part for me is the gradebook history, and I find that for several courses, the gradebook has grades, but the gradebook history is empty.

My courses are "ongoing" and are updated annually to include any regulatory changes and to allow for tracking by other means, given that Canvas is terrible for tracking if one is not managing one's courses in a standard academic manner, where the course is concluded and the students receive their grades officially at the conclusion of each academic course. The gradeboook history is the easiest way for me to have this information, so it is worrying that the courses seem to have purged the history.

Is this normal? I need to know so that I do not end up afoul of my regulators.

Thanks!

Elizabeth Oseid

UW Madison Office of Radiation Safety

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Per the documentation, @ElizabethWI , gradebook history is available for actions performed in the last 365 days:  How do I view the history of all grading changes i...   

Separately, 'spaminabox' might not be the best user name to use in a global forum, and we suggest that you request a change so as to come into conformance with our Be You guidance). We encourage our members to use their first and last names when interacting here and to complete their profiles so people know with whom they're engaging.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Per the documentation, @ElizabethWI , gradebook history is available for actions performed in the last 365 days:  How do I view the history of all grading changes i...   

Separately, 'spaminabox' might not be the best user name to use in a global forum, and we suggest that you request a change so as to come into conformance with our Be You guidance). We encourage our members to use their first and last names when interacting here and to complete their profiles so people know with whom they're engaging.

View solution in original post

ElizabethWI
Community Participant

Hi Stephanie,

I am still trying to get my profile to show my name like it use to. If you have any ideas, it would be much appreciated. When I log in, I see "Welcome, Elizabeth!", but as you can see, my posts remain listed as Spaminabox, my husband's online gaming persona. He has never used canvas nor accessed the community. Since I can't seem to change what I am listed as, I am pretty sure I did not change myself to Spaminabox, and why would I?

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Cheers,

Elizabeth Oseid

University of Wisconsin Madison

Hi @ElizabethWI ...

I'll make sure that Stefanie sees your replies here in the Community so that she can reach out to you to get this resolved.  I would expect that you'll hear something early next week.  Stay tuned!

ElizabethWI
Community Participant

Sounds good! When I look at settings, everything looks good. My name is correct, my email is correct, the only place I see Spaminabox is next to the avatar when I make a post, or if I hover over the avatar. Completely bizarre, given that everything I am doing is on a work computer using work credentials. Well, someone must have the magic key!

Thanks again!

Elizabeth

We can change your user name for you, @ElizabethWI ; just let us know your preference.

ElizabethWI
Community Participant

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks! Elizabeth will do. That is what it used to be, and definitely more my style! I appreciate your help!

Cheers,

Elizabeth

You bet, fka *spaminabox* and now @ElizabethWI ! ("Elizabeth" and various permutations thereof were already taken, so I made do; hope this suits. 😊)