Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgibson1
Community Champion

Grading Scheme Applied to Assignment Group?

Jump to solution

Can grading schemes be applied to Assignment Groups? Scenario: The faculty wants to show the students an aggregate roll-up score - presented as a letter grade - not as a percentage or a number for each grouping of activities. Then, present an overall letter grade from the course based on the weights. I know I can apply a scheme to individual gradebook assignments and quizzes, but how does that present to the student when the assignment grouping are summed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

rgibson1, you are correct. You can apply a grading scheme to an individual assignment and the course grade, but not an assignment group. You might consider this as a new feature idea!

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

rgibson1, you are correct. You can apply a grading scheme to an individual assignment and the course grade, but not an assignment group. You might consider this as a new feature idea!

Kona

This is a very good idea as students sometimes view percentage grades as an opportunity to argue for "just one point...". I would love to see the ability for an instructor to have students see letter grades rather than numeric grades or percentages for assignment groups! How can this be elevated to the developers?

Hi @TuckPescosolido …

The easiest way to start a new feature Idea is to go to the “Roadmap” menu at the top of any screen here in the Community, and then click on the “Canvas” link under the “Idea Conversations” heading.  There, you will find a big red button to suggest an idea…with the opportunity to search for existing similar ideas (so that you don’t create something new that has already been suggested…to avoid duplication of Feature Ideas).  Here are a few resources for you to get you started with your Feature Idea:

Hopefully these resources will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this…thanks!