Group Assignments

Jump to solution
cohen_m
Community Novice

I am teaching a lab and I would like the students to have the option to turn the lab in in pairs (self-assigned) or alone. I have enabled the "group assignment" option under the assignment but no one can figure out how to get the students into assignment-groups (not student-groups) so they can submit one lab report per pair. I think I'm missing something obvious - can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cohen_m  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  This past weekend I helped respond to another user who had a question about setting up groups for a Discussion topic in a Canvas course.  The topic is located at Assignment Hidden from One Group, Visible to the Other.  I think a lot of what I posted there will apply to you as well.  You'll want to review and complete the first five steps in my directions.  Then, for step #6, go to your assignment instead of a discussion topic.  Then, follow steps 7, 8, and 9 for your assignment.  This Guide, How do I assign an assignment to a course group?, should be of help to you along the way.  This video tutorial may also be of help: .

I hope these resources will be of help to you.  Please sing out if you have any questions about this information.

View solution in original post