Hiding grades

Jump to solution
rzehnder
Community Novice

While grading, I used to be able to "mute" an assignment in the top left by clicking on the eyeball. This allowed me to grade all speeches but only allow students to see grades when I "unmuted" the assignment.

Now I can "hide" grades, but it doesn't work the same. One student's submission says it's hidden, but she still can see her grade AND the rubric I attached to it. I specifically went back in and hid hers; same thing. 

HOW can I hide/mute grades so that I can release them all at the same time so I can explain the rubric/grade to the whole class instead of fielding the same questions over and over?

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Rachel,

With the new gradebook, hide is not exactly the same as what Mute used to be.  Hide only works to hide previously entered grades.  This page explains what is happening when you use the hide option.How do I hide grades that were previously posted in the Gradebook?   For what is sounds like you want to do, which is similar to how Mute used to work, you'll need to use a post policy set to manual.  This lets you have more control over when students get to see their grades similar to how Unmute used to work.  Below is a link which should help with that.  

How do I select a grade posting policy for an assignment in the Gradebook? 

Hope that helps,

Rick

View solution in original post