cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacoway
Community Participant

How can we import student Avatars and block them from being changed?

Jump to solution

I would like to conduct a SIS import with student photo's (avatars) into Canvas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ckelson
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Will,

You can mass upload avatars from a publicly hosted location using this github script​. However, that won't lock the avatar, you would have to manually lock for each student with the Users> Manage Profile Pictures Interface. This could possibly be offered as a Feature Idea to improve the way the avatars work for K12 and not allowing them to change pre-set avatars by admins.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ckelson
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Will,

You can mass upload avatars from a publicly hosted location using this github script​. However, that won't lock the avatar, you would have to manually lock for each student with the Users> Manage Profile Pictures Interface. This could possibly be offered as a Feature Idea to improve the way the avatars work for K12 and not allowing them to change pre-set avatars by admins.

View solution in original post

tholinger
Community Participant

I would be of great value for our school if Canvas would design a .jpg import feature for avatars.  We would use this for employees as well a students.  The lock down functionality would be helpful as well.  Some of our users get a little too creative and having control would be useful in the classroom as teachers are getting to know their students.

wtaylor1
Community Participant

I agree, this feature would be a wonderful one.  I can't believe that this has been opened for 2 years and not implemented.