cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katlin
Community Member

How do I add images to home page which hyperlink to module?

I once saw an example home page where the instructor had each module as a box. The box was an image and the image were arranged in a grid. This allowed students to click on the image and be taken to the applicable module. Does anyone have examples of this? Seen this? Know how to do this? The neat grid is the thing I am most curious how to do...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @katlin ...

This is pretty easy to accomplish.  Sometimes people use hidden tables for their page layout, and that can sometimes lead to some accessibility issues, you'd definitely want to keep that in consideration as you are thinking about how to design a page that includes clickable images to modules within your course.  So...  assuming that you have your images uploaded into your course "Files" area  (How do I upload a file to a course?) and assuming that you have inserted the image onto your content page (How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?), the process for creating a link on the image is very similar to creating a link to regular text on your page.  While editing the page, select the image that you want to make as a link.  Then, follow the instructions in this Guide to link that image to a specific module within your course: How do I create hyperlinks to course or group content in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?.  Rinse and repeat for any other images that you want to make clickable to other modules within your course.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!