How do I allow users to enroll in a public course without requiring login and password?

Jump to solution
kristas
Community Member

I have a sandbox course that allows teachers to take the course in order to evaluate it. The course has assignments with 'Display Grade as' set to either Complete/Incomplete or Percentage. One school does not want to provide email addresses due to privacy concerns. Normally I would add them to the sandbox course via 'Add People'. 

Is there a way to allow a Public course to enroll users without a login and password?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Kristas,

A public course can be viewable without logging in, but actually enrolling or being enrolled in a course requires the person to have an account in Canvas, which requires them to have a login or email address and password in Canvas.

It is possible to set the course to allow students to self-enroll, if that is something that is allowed on your school's Canvas instance.  See https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-enable-course-self-enrollment-with-a-jo...  However, they still must have a Canvas account on that Canvas server.

View solution in original post

kristas
Community Member

Thanks. I was able to setup my course to self enroll.

View solution in original post

0 Likes