cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sa87020
Community Member

How do I paste photos into canvas discussion

Jump to solution

Trying to add a picture into my discussion but cannot get it to paste or even carry in from a word file-Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sa87020  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It is not possible to just paste in a photo into a discussion topic (to the discussion prompt itself or as a reply to a discussion topic).  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, but I'll give you a handful of Guides that should help:

I hope one or more of these Guides will be of help to you, John.  Please sing out if you have any questions about the information I've provided.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @sa87020  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It is not possible to just paste in a photo into a discussion topic (to the discussion prompt itself or as a reply to a discussion topic).  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, but I'll give you a handful of Guides that should help:

I hope one or more of these Guides will be of help to you, John.  Please sing out if you have any questions about the information I've provided.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

sa87020
Community Member

Thank you so much for your info-BTW, I am a doctoral student. Thanks so

much!

Phil

I have done this and it worked before, but now for the past three weeks I am getting an error message "something went wrong, check your connection and try again". I have restarted my computer, logged off and in, reset my internet. I am not having issue with my internet with anything, only when posting images. I can comment and post in canvas in the discussion just not letting me insert or attach an image.