How do I view my grader's feedback?

Jump to solution
agilmore15
Community Novice

The file says "view feedback" but I cannot see any comments when I view the text online or download the file.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @agilmore15  Welcome to the Canvas Community. The "View Feedback" link that you are referring to will always be there for any file upload-type of submission, even if there was actually no comment left by the grader. I just tested this myself on a sample course site.  (I'm a Canvas administrator with the ability to login as a student.)  I suppose the operative word in the online documentation for this is "may":  

If you submitted the assignment with a file upload, your instructor may have included annotated feedback in your assignment.

Files that support annotations display a View Feedback button next to the submission.

So, as it states, any file that would normallly allow comments to be embedded within it will always have that View Feedback link. 

You clearly know how to access them if they were there--and to download the file, which would also have them.  I suppose the only thing you can do is politely message your grader--either via email or through the Canvas Inbox, especially if they are usually good about leaving comments in a graded submission!

I hope this helps a bit, Amy.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes