How do I wrap text around a picture in Canvas?

Jump to solution
rmartinez5
Community Novice

How do I wrap text around a picture in Canvas?

3 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rmartinez5 ...

Earlier this evening I helped to answer a similar question from another user.  I searched the Community and found the following document which might help to answer your question: How to wrap text around an image using the Rich Content Editor.  This document is located in the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/designers group here in the Canvas Community.  If you aren't following this group, please use the group link that I have provided, and then click on the following two buttons at the top right corner of the screen: "Follow" and "Actions" (further click on "Join group).

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Ricardo.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @J_Levin and @TercoraReynolds ...

Sorry for the issues with the links not working in my original response.  That's a result of the Canvas Community switching platforms last Summer, and so not all links have been re-directing to the current Community site like they should have.  Here are some updated link for you:

I believe this was the post I was referring to back on January 10, 2020: Flip and position an image? - Canvas Community.  In that posting, I referenced the following link: Solved: How do I flip a picture that I upload to Canvas? - Canvas Community. which may be of help to you, too.

Hi there, @J_Levin ...

I don't know that you'd need to use or modify much (if any) HTML at all...to be honest.  Positioning an image (left, center, or right align) on a Canvas page can be done using the Rich Content Editor (RCE) tools.

Let's assume that you have one or more paragraphs of text, and you want an image next to this text that displays in the upper right corner of these paragraphs, and (depending on the length of the paragraphs and the size of the image) the text will wrap around the image.

1. Type the paragraphs on your Canvas page using any formatting that is needed (bold, underlining, etc.)
  2. Make sure your image is uploaded to your course so that it can be displayed on your page.  Place your cursor at the very beginning (before the first word) of the first paragraph on your page.  You can then follow this Guide to upload your image: How do I upload and embed an image in the Rich Con... - Canvas Community.
  3. Once your image is displayed on your page (still editing the page), click on the image to highlight it.  A blue box should display around the image.
  4. With the image still highlighted, use the RCE tools to select the menu Format >> Align >> Right.  This will bump your image over to the far right side of the screen, and hopefully, your paragraph(s) of text will have wrapped around it.  (Side note, these same alignment tools may also be displayed as icons on the RCE toolbar just below the text-based menu).

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!