How to automate date/time that modules are published?

Jump to solution
brintd
Community Novice

Our modules are already created and ready to publish so students can complete them. However, right now, every morning I have to go in and manually publish each module. We want to have a module open and accessible for students to complete for only 24 hours. My question ... is there a setting that I can use to have the system automatically publish a module at say 12:01 a.m. every day and then have it unpublish at 11:59 p.m. As mentioned, right now, I have to manually publish and unpublish every morning. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

1 Solution
jwadec
Community Contributor

Hi,  @brintd ‌ and welcome to the Canvas community. 

As long as you lock module content, you should be able to publish the module in advance.

Yes -- students will see the module content titles but it will not be accessible to view. You can take a look at this guide for automatically showing modules at specific times: How do I lock a module? 

If you think the module content should be hidden, there is one idea that you can vote on. Voting on ideas helps signal to Canvas developers what features are most important to users.

As for hiding after 24 hours, that is not currently available. I took a look at all the ideas that have been submitted and could not find one that match this request. You might consider submitting an idea. You can learn more about this process: How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?  

View solution in original post