cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marybeth_lewis
Community Member

How to exclude three students from online access to a quiz in Canvas

I am giving a mid-term this Wednesday 9/18 using the quiz module in Canvas.  I have set up the exam for the entire class to open at the beginning of class and close 75 minutes thereafter at the end of class.  However, I have three students with academic accommodations who will be taking the exam the following day Thurs 9/19 in the evening.  How do I exclude them from being able to see the original exam when it opens on Wednesday?  I can create additional exams that will open for them at their Thursday time, but don't know how to keep them out on Wednesday.    

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening,  @marybeth_lewis  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  It sounds like you'd want to follow the instructions in this Guide: How do I assign a quiz to an individual student?.  You can assign the quiz you'll be giving to the majority of your students on Wednesday by typing in each student's name...as shown in the Guide.  Then, you can do the same thing for those three other students with your other quiz...setting the parameters for that quiz.  Do you think that would work for your needs?

Chris, thanks for your reply. Theoretically this works, but I have 160 students, so I was hoping to avoid entering them all individually. So set up the exam for the entire class and was hoping for a way to exclude three, rather than entering 157. Any way to do that?

Mary Beth Lewis

Senior Instructor

Marketing Division

Leeds School of Business

University of Colorado Boulder

KOBL 416

303-492-6159

marybeth.lewis@colorado.edu<mailto:marybeth.lewis@colorado.edu>

http://www.colorado.edu/business/mary-beth-lewis

@marybeth_lewis ...

Thank you for the additional information.  Unfortunately, I am going to have to defer to other people who might know more about this than I do.  I am an admin for our school's Canvas environment and do not teach courses...so I've reached out to some of my fellow Coach friends here in the Community in hopes that one of them might be able to chime in.  Or, you might get a reply from another Community member, too.  There are now over half-a-million Community members!  Good luck!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@marybeth_lewis ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

How we keep your questions flowing!

Robbie