I have to use lock down browser but when i go to canvas my courses are just a white screen

Jump to solution
gmb0008
Community Novice

I have to use lock down browser but when i go to canvas my courses are just a white screen

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @gmb0008 ‌ -  Well, obviously that should not be happening.  In fact, I just now tried my own copy of LockDown Browser and it seemed to be working fine.  First, I would suggest re-downloading it from the link that was supplied by your institution, as it just so happens that there was an update yesterday for the Windows version, as mentioned here: LockDown Browser for Windows, version 2.0.6.00 - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software .  (If you're using Windows, that is!)  There should be icon on the toolbar to check for updates within the LockDown Browser if you are on your own machine and are the administrator; if not, you may have to do a full re-install.

Otherwise (if on a Mac) I would still try an uninstall and re-download from the link provided by your institution.

It is important to note in either case, however, the software you install is institution-specific, so be sure you followed the link that your institution provided.  If you have already done all of this, however, you may want to ask for additional assistance.  Judging from your email address, it appears the place to start is here: UAH - Online - Student FAQ , as they have a section specifically for the LockDown Browser under the Contacting Canvas Support heading.

I hope this helps a bit, Gentry.  Good luck with your studies!

View solution in original post