Importing Tables from Microsoft Word to Canvas

Jump to solution
annie82
Community Member

I'm having a doozy of a time trying to import a few beautiful tables from Word to Canvas - every time I try, they get messed up, the colors and other formatting are gone and the hyperlinks no longer work. Am I supposed to create a new table each time I want one in Canvas? Is there a demo or video around to help us with creating tables? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @annie82 ...

I've never been a huge fan of copying text from Microsoft Word to the web using tools like the RCE (Rich Content Editor) that Canvas uses.  There's just too much "junk code" that seems to creep into Canvas that requires lots of clean-up on my end.  But, there are some ways that you might be able to make life a bit easier.  Have you tried using a Word to HTML cleanup tool such as Convert Word Documents to Clean HTML or Word to HTML - Easy to use & Instant Conversions?  Those tools might help clean up the underlying code and make your tables look nicer in Canvas.

Hope this helps a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post