Inbox feature

Jump to solution
gonzalo_baptist
Community Member

I would like to suggest that the Inbox feature can be disabled at instructor's discretion. Having a second source of communication doubles our effort to catch up with students' communication. I already know that Canvas thinks it is crucial to keep it open for all instructors. Nonetheless, is there a chance that Canvas rethinks this feature and we can opt-out? Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @gonzalo_baptist ...

Feature Requests are usually submitted by selecting the "Roadmap" menu option at the top of any page here in the Community and then selecting the "Canvas" option under "Idea Conversations".  Then, you can submit a new Feature Idea by clicking on the "Suggest an idea" button.

However, I believe that turning off the Canvas "Inbox" function is something that you would want to talk with your school's Canvas administrator about.  I am not 100% sure on this, but I *think* that the Inbox can be turned off for the entire school's Canvas account.  But your school's Canvas admin would want to have a conversation with your assigned Customer Success Manager at Instructure about doing this.  There may be folks at your school who use the Canvas Inbox and find value in using it...and so turning it off for not only you but others as well might have some unwanted ramifications from others.  What I'm saying is...it's most likely a larger conversation that needs to happen at your school, and it most likely wouldn't affect only your course(s).

I hope this information will be of some help to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes