cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gouldt
Community Contributor

Instructor not receiving message

Jump to solution

I don't know if this is a new thing, or has always been like this. We've used Canvas for 5 years, and this is the first time it has come up. An instructor contacted our online help department today and said they had cc'd themselves on a message, and they never received the message. After looking into it, I found that when you send yourself (as the instructor) a message, you won't receive it in your inbox. If there is another instructor in the course, and you send them a message, they will receive it in the inbox. Has anyone else run across this issue. Why would you have the option to send yourself a message, if that option does not work? I do understand that it would be in the sent folder. But why would you have that as an option to send yourself a message, if you don't receive the message?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
2 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @gouldt ...

I'm not sure I can answer the "why" question, but this Guide seems to confirm what you are saying...that if you send yourself a message via the Canvas Inbox, you can only access it in your "Sent" view: How do I send a message to a user in a course in the Inbox as an instructor?.  That might be a great question to post for the Documents Team at the bottom of the Guide I've linked for you.

I hope this will help.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

gouldt
Community Contributor
0 Kudos