lars_vemund_sol
Community Contributor

Is it possible to embed a discussion, module etc in a page?

Jump to solution

To create true rich content and save click I would like to embed content in difference to linking to them.

Especially i would like to embed discussions and modules in a page.

Is this possible?

(I've tried with Iframe but you get the full page including the left menus and that does not look good..)

1 Solution
kona
Coach Emeritus

@lars_vemund_sol , as you have noted, no, there really isn't a way to embed Canvas specific content in a page in Canvas because you end up getting the full page (left and right sidebar stuff) included with the content. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Coach Emeritus

@lars_vemund_sol , as you have noted, no, there really isn't a way to embed Canvas specific content in a page in Canvas because you end up getting the full page (left and right sidebar stuff) included with the content. 

Ant_Rosey
Community Member

I know this is an old thread but you can embed discussions using the html below:

<p><iframe src="YOUR_URL_HERE?embedded=true " width="100%" height="500"></iframe></p>

"?embedded=true" is what does the trick.

Thanks to Shar in this post: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Question-Forum/Can-you-display-the-Announcement-Stream-in-a-Discu...

Thanks @Ant_Rosey, this answer works, however when the page is less than around 780px wide a black menu appears on top of the iframe.

Also when the iframe is full width a white border appears on the left pushing all the content over around 150px to the right. 

Do you know how to fix these issues?

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 1.55.00 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-03 at 1.54.45 pm.png

0 Kudos