Migrating to the new quiz and learners grades/results

Jump to solution
Mandeep_Dhesi
Community Participant

Hi All

When I migrate an old quiz to a new quiz will the learner who is on the old quiz grades and results be copied across when you migrate to the new quiz ?

Is their a work around that allows to copy your learners grades to the new quiz when you covert the old quiz.

I hope this question makes sense.

Kind Regards

Mandeep Singh Dhesi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there @Mandeep_Dhesi ...

In my own testing, when you migrate a Classic Quiz to a New Quiz, it does not carry over any score that a student may have received when taking the Classic Quiz.  For example, the quiz on the left is the Classic Quiz, and the quiz on the right is the New Quiz after a "dummy" student took the quiz and then I migrated it to a New Quiz.  The score of 5.4 did not carry over to the New Quiz grade column for the student.  I am not sure of a way to automatically put in a score in that column...since I *think* Canvas would be treating this as a new instance of the quiz...just in a new format.

QuizzesVsNewQuizzesGrade.jpg

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this helps to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post