Missing grades and grading information

Jump to solution
aperkin
Community Novice

I set up a "quiz" in Canvas, and ran it with my class. There was one student who was ill and could not come to the quiz.

So I opened it up again just for her the following week so she could complete it.

Now all I have in Canvas is that one students test answers and score - the test answers and scores for every other student is now gone. Is there anyway to get it all back again?

Or alternatively where or how can I access the test details for the answers that all the other students provided?

Thanks

Bruce Perkin

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @aperkin  - This happens from time to time for faculty at my own institution, so here's what I think happened:  you changed the Assign to area (where the due date is) to the one student's name.  That's enough to cause Canvas to essentially remove the grades from the rest of the class and display it just for that one student since...well, it's now assigned to that one student but not the rest of the class.

The solution is to head back to the quiz, click EDIT, and scroll down to where the due date is and where you see that one student's name.  Click the +Add button underneath; by default, the first choice should be Everyone.  Select that, and it will change to Everyone Else and you can add the original due date that you had for the rest of the class.  Click SAVE and the grades will get restored to your gradebook.  There is some official documentation on this procedure here:  How do I assign a quiz to an individual student? 

That should do it, if (as I said) you did what I think you did! Smiley Happy  

View solution in original post