cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NICOLASTEINER

Multiple rubrics for one assignment

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need to attach a separate rubric for each question in an assignment so the results will sync as separate marks to Sentral markbook. Is this possible? I checked the community and the last query was in 2018 so I am hoping it has changed since then.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshua_lebo
Instructure
Instructure

@NICOLASTEINER 

While this is not currently possible in Canvas there is an existing Canvas Feature Idea that you may want to follow, bookmark, and add your feedback and vote toAdd Multiple Rubrics to One Assignment. Unfortunately the answer from 2018 still applies today that this has not been implemented in Canvas. As bowmanr mentioned, depending on your specific use case setting up separate assignments for each question may be an option in the meantime. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bowmanr
Community Champion

@NICOLASTEINER 

I do not know how to do it (although that does not mean anything), but my gut tells me it is not possible.

I assume that you are trying to avoid having each question as its own assignment? 

If you don't care about writing a separate assignment for each question, then the following might work.

If the rubric is the same for each question, then it would not be too bad to create multiple versions of one assignment and put each question in those assignments.  You could also put all of the assignments into their own assignment group (1 group for all the questions).  

Maybe someone else with more rubric experience will be able to weigh in.

As another thought (I don't know how a rubric export from Canvas looks or what you are trying to upload), but is it possible to have the rubric grading have the first X criteria for question 1, then next Y criteria for question 2, etc.  

joshua_lebo
Instructure
Instructure

@NICOLASTEINER 

While this is not currently possible in Canvas there is an existing Canvas Feature Idea that you may want to follow, bookmark, and add your feedback and vote toAdd Multiple Rubrics to One Assignment. Unfortunately the answer from 2018 still applies today that this has not been implemented in Canvas. As bowmanr mentioned, depending on your specific use case setting up separate assignments for each question may be an option in the meantime. 

0 Kudos