Narrative video inserted into another video

Jump to solution
bmcdermott
Community Novice

Is it possible to Insert a small narrative video of myself speaking into another video done by me with a google slide.  My thought is that I would pre record myself in different locations and then add that to the video of my slide presentation.

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@bmcdermott  

If you have access to the source of both videos, then this is possible with the right software. That software is not Canvas, though. You would need a video editing software that can merge the two videos together and re-encode it as a single video. Then you would upload that video.

If you are interested in reducing the time to produce a narrated slideshow video, you can use software that allows you to have multiple inputs. One open-source project is called OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). It has a learning curve (most programs will), but it allows you to have multiple inputs such as your computer screen and your webcam. You can then decide to show your webcam in a corner (the middle of the screen would block the content on the slide) and then you can play the slide show and narrate through your webcam. You don't have to make separate videos from the slideshow and the webcam first (this is the way my workflow works with Adobe Premiere -- which is definitely not free like OBS). I use Premiere because I do a lot of editing of my videos to cut them down to under 5 minutes. I don't mean to imply that OBS is the only solution. Just that it's one that will do it for free.

View solution in original post

0 Likes