cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smcvey
Community Member

Only Test Student shows in Speed Grader.

Jump to solution

Only Test Student shows in SpeedGrader. I have 0/34 submissions graded but I am not able to access them. The only option in the drop down next to Test Student is Test Student.  I am a 3 year Canvas user and have never encountered this problem. 

312418_pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daviej
Community Member

Hi All,

I ran into and solved the same issue. In my case, the problem was the result of having only the results for a single section selected in the Gradebook and then attempting to look at a different section's assignment. When I made all sections or just the section I wanted selected in the Gradebook, the ability to see and SpeedGrade the assignment was reinstated. I hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @smcvey .  I have never experienced this either and just checked in one of my assignments and this doesn't appear to be happening for that class/assignment.  Does this happen in just one assignment or one class?  Have you tried in a couple of different web browsers to see if maybe the students appear in Chrome but not Firefox, for example?  I know that sometimes changing browsers or even clearing the browser cache makes a difference. Also, are there difference sections in the class?  I don't run into this often myself but I know that if you have multiple sections in a course you can filter SpeedGrader to only show one section versus another.  I believe this option is under the drop down menu of student names and defaults to be all sections.  Is it possible that somehow this got changed?

Someone else in the Community may have run into this before but you might try contacting Canvas Support to get their insight.  They may have run into this with others in the past or perhaps know of a bug that has been reported.

I hope this gets resolved quickly!  If you do contact Support and find out what is happening, please let us know!

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @smcvey .  I thought I would check back and see if you found a resolution for this problem.   Hopefully so and thanks for the update!

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Sean - I hope that the issue with only the Test Student being visible in SpeedGrader resolved quickly for you. Since there hasn't been any activity in this thread since August, I'm going to mark it as "Assumed Answered" but that will not prevent you or any other Community member from commenting or reopening the conversation. (How we keep your questions flowing!‌)

I am running into the same problem!  It doesn't happen on every assignment, but it is happening on at least two of the first 3 I just looked at.  Help!

jevans6
Community Member

I am running into the same problem!  It doesn't happen on every assignment, but it is happening on at least two of the first 3 I just looked at.  Help!

It matters not browser I use either.

daviej
Community Member

Hi All,

I ran into and solved the same issue. In my case, the problem was the result of having only the results for a single section selected in the Gradebook and then attempting to look at a different section's assignment. When I made all sections or just the section I wanted selected in the Gradebook, the ability to see and SpeedGrade the assignment was reinstated. I hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

Hi  @daviej  and thanks for the update!  It is great to know what could lead to a problem like this.  Appreciate you posting what worked for you!

tul56598
Community Member

Hello All,

Just thought i'd chime in because I had this same issue. I saw some of the fixes here, so I tried them and they worked.  I am running a class with two sections. I had an assignment for one of the sections, but didn't assign it for the second section; hence I was unable to access speedgrader. This is definitely a flaw that needs to be fixed since it assumes you'll give the same assignments for all sections. That might not be the case as different sections will learn at different paces.  I have a work around now, but the ability to use speedgrader with an assignment for one section of a class is something that should be possible without this work around.  Just my two cents lol