Possible Tweaks?

Jump to solution
andrew_black
Community Novice

Like many others, I had not used Canvas until the start of the lockdown, but I have found it very useful and remarkably easy to learn. 

I have noticed that a simple things might make the platform just a little easier to use:

• It would be nice to have an auto-correct option when typing content into assignments, etc. 
  • It would be handy if the "Alternative Text" box which pops up when we add an image auto-filled to the file name (less extension) of the image we are adding, rather than require the user to type in that information. (Of course, the user could change it if desired.)
  • It would also, be nice if Speedgrader had a return directly to dashboard option, rather than having to click on the tiny course name to get back.
  • It would be useful to have a pause button while recording on the Record/Upload media function.

I have noticed from reading many posts over the last few months that Canvas seems quite receptive to making changes based on user input. Are these reasonable ideas?

Andrew

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @andrew_black ...

These are interesting ideas, though you should really consider posting them in the "Feature Ideas" area of this Canvas Community website rather than the "Ask Questions" part of the site...which is where you posted this topic.  I'll provide you with some Guides to look through, but what you'll want to do is first search the Community for similar topics (so that you aren't duplicating any existing Feature Idea).  If you do find any topics that are similar to anything you've suggested above, then you can add your own comment to that Feature Idea and vote on it if you want.  If you haven't found a similar idea, then you can submit your own idea.  Also, you've got four different ideas here, so each one would have to be a separate submission.  The reason for this is so that people know what they are voting for.  If you include all four requests in one topic, some people might like a few of your ideas but not like the others...so it is hard to distinguish which one they would be voting for.  Please review these Guides:

I hope this information will be of help to you, Andrew.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Be well...stay safe.

View solution in original post

0 Likes