Posting discussion

Jump to solution
leonilalotoc
Community Novice

I do not see the "discussion" button on the left side of my canvas window. I am trying to create a new discussion. Thank you 

0 Likes
1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @leonilalotoc  and welcome to the Community!  It is difficult to tell if you are asking this from the perspective of a student or instructor, so I will provide a little information about both.  Provided you are a student, there are a number of places where discussions can be located.  The discussion tab may be hidden by an instructor if that individual prefers you navigate to them from somewhere else.  The most common place would be in a module on the Modules page.  However, you may be able to see the discussions as links on the bottom of the Syllabus tab, in the Assignments tab, or there could be a link to the discussions on a regular page somewhere in Canvas or in a document posted for you in Canvas.  Additionally, it may be possible to access the discussion, from the Grades tab or from the Calendar for that particular class.

As an instructor, it would be uncommon not be to be able to see the Discussions tab to create a discussion.  Frequently this is not bolded in the course navigation list and it may be far enough down the list of possible navigation tabs that you need to scroll down a bit to see it.  It is also possible that the tab is hidden by default.  If so you should be able to enable the tab by going to the course Settings tab, then "Navigation" and enabling the tab if it is under those are disabled (see How do I manage Course Navigation links?).  

Is any of this helpful?  If not you might try contacting Canvas Support via the options in the help menu (question mark icon).

All the best!

View solution in original post

0 Likes