Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuk36361
Community Member

SCORM Failing to Update Grade to Complete

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been troubleshooting an issue with my SCORM modules failing to register a final grade of complete (graded complete/incomplete) in Canvas since March. They remain incomplete even after the final quiz which tracks the module completion (set to track results slide) is submitted. I have been using the same packages (updated for content every few months and re-published every term) for a year and a half with this issue only happening a handful of times a term, and now it is happening almost every single time. I have almost 250 people experiencing this issue in my course at the moment which is causing me a gigantic headache. I've tried them all in SCORM Cloud and sent them to Articulate and all checks out with the eLearning. Canvas told me this was a problem in March but I haven't heard about a fix yet, and the course I just launched this morning is already experiencing the same issue. I sent in a help ticket but am seeing if anyone here can shed light on what's going on if it takes them a while to get back to me. I publish to SCORM 2004 4th edition and track a results slide (the final quiz is them hitting the "submit" button). 

Thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
profkleitz
Community Member

Did you ever hear back @tuk36361? I am currently wrestling with the same issue!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
profkleitz
Community Member

Did you ever hear back @tuk36361? I am currently wrestling with the same issue!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

@profkleitz I have heard back twice to additional requests for information, but both times it was just "this is an issue we're aware of and we're working on it." So not helpful at all. The problem has to do with an update to Chrome that stopped sending completion data back to an LMS when a SCORM package is closed out. 

I have asked people to tell their Chrome browsers to ignore this change by going to: 

chrome://flags/#allow-sync-xhr-in-page-dismissal

and changing the setting to "enabled" and this has been working fairly well for me, as long as they use the exit course button at the end of my modules instead of closing out immediately. Not perfect, but it's better than nothing. I am shocked there has not been a fix issued by Canvas yet. I'll keep holding my breath. 

Hi!

Has anyone heard back about this? Hoping for a resolution.

Our courses are working perfectly in SCORM Cloud (publishing SCORM 2004 4th edition) but will not report completion status (grade or complete) in Canvas in Chrome. Very frustrating as we're jumping through hoops to try to get it to work but nothing is working. 

Thank you! 
Brooke