cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aclem
Community Member

SpeedGrader video comment no audio on playback

When I record a video comment in SpeedGrader, I can't hear the audio track on playback. I can see my lips move in the video. When I try to talk to text feature to dictate a comment, the mic picks up my speech fine. When I play audio on my computer the speakers work. I am working with the default camera and microphone built into my Lenovo ThinkPad. What is odd is that my previous version of this laptop let me record video comments just fine this year for submission to an online learning class, but now this newer laptop has this playback issue with Canvas video comments.

5 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @aclem .  Have you tried to change the microphone settings in the media recorder (shown here How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?) to see if that has any impact, or tested in a couple of different web browsers like Chrome and FireFox?  Those would be the first things I would try but you may have done both already.  It is strange that your mic is working in other applications but not the media recorder!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aclem ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

dmoss
Community Member

I have the same issue. I have tried different browsers and toyed with the settings. Macbook, using Chrome, using default mic and camera built-ins, hit save after record. I have also checked my wifi connections to make sure I am using a stable connection when using speedgrader because I experience Canvas to behave inconsistently when submitting comments. Per the video comments, it is as though Canvas inconsistently processes the video because sometimes they have audio and not on others even when using the same settings and connection. I don't know why it does not always work. I would like for it to be consistent because it wastes my time. 

james_brown1
Community Member

I have the same issue.  Different browsers don't seem to matter.  Checked everything.  The course tech support is also working on it.

UrsulaCoie
Community Member

I am having the exact same problem.  I can't hear myself on the playback.  Has anyone find a solution on this?