Start assignment button not working

Jump to solution
Manuel17
Community Member

Every time I click on the "Start Assignment" for any assignment, it doesn't do anything. It happened for one where we need to send a file and it also happened when we needed to reply.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @Manuel17 …

Sorry to hear that the “Start Assignment” button isn’t working for you.  I wonder if it’s not working because of the browser you are using?  I know that if you are using either Internet Explorer or Edge, those browsers can have difficulties when submitting assignments in Canvas.  So, your best option would be to try either an up-to-date version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.  If you are currently using Firefox or Chrome, you might consider downloading the other browser to see if you get any different results.  Check out this Guide for more information: What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas?

I hope this will be of some help to you.  If these suggestions don’t help, then I would suggest you contact Canvas Support.  How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Keep us posted either way…thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! Another thing I wonder is if availability dates are affecting the button. @Manuel17, can you see the dates during which you can access the assignment?

View solution in original post