Studio Captions Moved

Jump to solution
jennifer_hough
Community Participant

The captions function for turning on captions on Studio videos appears to have moved to the settings gear. Is this documented somewhere? I checked the recent release notes for both Canvas and Studio and can't find it anywhere. There are notes about the media tabs but that doesn't address why the captions moved.

Labels (1)
3 Solutions
AkosFarago
Instructure
Instructure

Hi!

First and foremost, we are sorry about not communicating this in time, the guides will be very soon updated with all the relevant changes, those will be also communicated as clearly as possible.

Probably the most prominent change is moving the captions to the Settings menu which we did in order to be fully compliant with the accessibility guidelines and support all screen sizes. 

Before that, on some mobile devices the video controls overlapped each other and it made some of those functions inaccessible. In the future we will add new features to Studio and when we work on the Settings menu, we’ll reconsider if there is any possible way to bring back the captions button to its original place while staying responsive and accessible on all screen sizes. 

Best,

Akos  

View solution in original post

AkosFarago
Instructure
Instructure

@Chris_Hofer , @mary_speight , @Nancy_Webb_CCSF , @whewson 

Apologies for the issue, this is an unwanted behaviour.

The team is already working on it and we will do our best to release the fix today. I'll soon post another update here.

@Chris_Hofer , @mary_speight , @Nancy_Webb_CCSF , @whewson 

We have released the fix. Kindly ask you to let me know if the issue is still present.

Thank you!