Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IVANABRESKIC

Text overlapping in discussions on Safari

Jump to solution

All of my posts look like this in Safari. Text overlaps at the top so I am unable to edit anything or see the first few lines clearly. Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 10.03.03 AM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @IVANABRESKIC -

If you still see this after you double-check your browser version and restart your device, please contact Canvas Support. They'll be able to help you identify the issue. Thanks!

What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas? 

How do I contact Canvas Support? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @IVANABRESKIC -

If you still see this after you double-check your browser version and restart your device, please contact Canvas Support. They'll be able to help you identify the issue. Thanks!

What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas? 

How do I contact Canvas Support? 

0 Kudos
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @IVANABRESKIC ...

I have a slightly different take on this.  Somewhere in the back of my mind, I seem to recall seeing something similar in an instructor's course within our own Canvas environment.  Upon investigation, I discovered there was some rogue HTML code in the discussion prompt text that was causing the text to overlap on other text on the page.  It was pretty strange.  So, maybe you also have something going on similar to what I had experienced?  One way to maybe fix this is to use a HTML cleaner site to clean up a lot of junk HTML code.  A long while back, I wrote a blog post here in the Community about this called HTML Cleanup.  You could certainly try this out and just paste the code in a separate, unpublished, discussion topic.  (That way, students aren't seeing it as you are troubleshooting.)  Then, you could always move that code back to the discussion topic that is showing the odd overlapping once you know things look okay on your end.

Hope this helps a bit.  Sing out if you have questions...thanks!