Two-part exam

Jump to solution
EhfazNowman
Community Member

Hi, 

My school just started using Canvas and I am still getting used to the platform. I have figured out most of the things except one that I need help with: 

My midterms are of two parts. Part A is all MCQ-style questions and Part B involves essay questions. How do I incorporate these 2 different parts in one exam and mark them separately and then add the marks as this is ONE assessment? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi again, @EhfazNowman ...

Thanks for clarifying that you are using New Quizzes.  I believe everything you've said is correct.  After you would manually grade the essay questions, then Canvas would calculate the final total (Multiple Choice + Essay) for each of your students.  Also, whatever order you choose to have your questions (let's say 10 multiple choice and then 5 essays) will be the order in which your students also see those questions.  So, that's completely up to you how you want them to be displayed to your students...in whatever order you want.  But there are other settings you can configure in your quiz to shuffle questions and shuffle answers.  These Guides might help:

I hope this extra bit of information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes