Using my Canvas Course Site and Content to Create one for this semester

Jump to solution
intraub
Community Novice

I would like to make my course site for this semester -- based on last semesters's course info

I do this each semester -- but can no long find the simple notes on line about how to do that.

Can someone point to an easy step by step for this?

Thank you. 

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @intraub  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question. If I am understanding your question correctly, it sounds like you would like to copy content from an existing course into a new Canvas course shell that currently doesn't have any content in it.  Is this correct?  If so, then you can easily use the Course Import Tool to copy an entire course or just parts of a course.  It's completely up to you.  As you follow the instructions in the Guides I'll link to, you'll want to be logged in to your course shell that is empty (no content)...as you'll be importing content from a previous course into this course.  (I like to think of think of it as a "source" and "destination".)

Also, Instructure just released something called "Direct Share" which allows you to copy a single item from your course to another course...or to share a single item from your course with a colleague.  Here's an example:

These instructions are similar for Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes (both current/legacy Quizzes and New Quizzes).

I hope I interpreted your question correctly, Helene.  If not, please let us know, and we'll try and help where we can...thanks!

View solution in original post