cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpilati
Community Participant

When I find an error in a quiz question that pulls from a bank and I fix the question, have I really fixed the question?

Jump to solution

What exactly does "Remember, changes to question templates won't automatically update quizzes that are already using those questions." mean? When I find an error in a quiz question that pulls from a bank and I fix the question, have I really fixed the question? In other systems I have found that I have not - and have had to fix the same errors over and over again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhulsey
Community Champion

Hi, Michelle. If you have a question group that links to a bank, you have fixed the question when you fix the bank. If you have added questions to a quiz from a bank, then you basically copied the question from the bank to the quiz, and you will need to fix the question in both the bank and the quiz.

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dhulsey
Community Champion

Hi, Michelle. If you have a question group that links to a bank, you have fixed the question when you fix the bank. If you have added questions to a quiz from a bank, then you basically copied the question from the bank to the quiz, and you will need to fix the question in both the bank and the quiz.

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post

mpilati
Community Participant

Sadly, I am in here as I keep on changing questions and the changes never "take". I am getting to the questions from the quiz in question - but every term I have the same issues. And while the explanation provided here sounds clear, there does not seem to be a way to make changes and know that they have been made. I miss WebCT. The structure behind assessments was clear. I am fixing the questions that I can see - yet the fix is not happening.

GinaT
Community Member

What if the QB is linked to a Quiz and the QB is pulling random questions (ie. 10 out of 20). Do we need to relink the QB to the quiz?

Tags (1)

I think the key question is whether you are using a Question Group, or not? If not, you must be copying the questions when you use them in a Quiz? The copies then will still be wrong, even if the original is fixed.

So we first need to say whether we are using a Question Group or not, to frame this query.