Where else do you get a notification for a student comment in an assignment other than an email?

Jump to solution
adean5
Community Member

I would like to know how to be notified of a student comment on an assignment other than the email notification.  Nothing I see on the dashboard or even when you open the course notifies me that there is a comment from a student.  Is there a way to change that?

Angela

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @adean5 

We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with comment notifications from students. It sounds like you already have them enabled and would like to see  this elsewhere as a pop-up or possibly to-do notification instead of direct email. Currently, if a student comments on a graded assignment submission, the only notification we have setup is through your main notification settings. You of course can view the comments  by going to Speedgrader but there is no built-in integration to add only comment updates to your to-do or a custom built notification pop-up.  

We understand the need for alternatives besides regular email and push notifications and encourage you to check out our Roadmap and Idea Conversations here: 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Product-Roadmap/ct-p/roadmap

We take suggestions like these seriously and we appreciate your patience while we work to implement great ideas such as this. For now, we encourage you to use the Canvas Messaging System (Inbox), email notifications, or periodically check these assignments. Encouraging your students to reach out directly should they need to bring anything of importance to your attention is also always a good idea. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! 

View solution in original post