Why are my panopto recordings not showing when embedding?

Jump to solution
jordan_c_alexan
Community Novice

Last week I was able to record in panopto, edit them online and then when I went into Canvas I was able to find and embed the recording into the page. This week it has changed!

I recorded my video as per usual. I found, edited and moved these videos to specific places in my folder. I then went to the "More external tools" dropdown menu and what used to say "panopto" now says "panopto recordings". I clicked on this and the usual pane comes up, but in there I cannot see my videos. I click on "My Folder" and NONE videos are showing. I go to find the subfolders I have created and these are not visible to even select. In panopto online I can find these without problem, but suddenly canvas is stopping me from accessing any of my videos. 

This is a big problem as it has stopped me from being able to post the lesson content for students that I intended on posting today. Can this issue be fixed or does anyone know a work around? I've logged out and back in, closed my browser and opened it again, moved my recordings to different folders, etc. Nothing has worked so far. This had been a good and reliable structure for the last 8 weeks that I have been using it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
jordan_c_alexan
Community Novice
Author

Hi everyone, 

I did some digging yesterday afternoon. The issue wasn't on Canvas' end! Panopto had transferred servers yesterday without notification and this had caused a conflict in the location of files on the cloud. All working now, thank goodness.

Cheers, 

Jordan. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes