Why is my Canvas grade not increasing?

Jump to solution
ribbon369
Community Novice

I'm a student. 280 points worth of assignments that are weighted at 40% have accumulated in grade book over a couple weeks, but not even a 0.01% shift in my grade. These assignments were done on Labster, a virtual lab, then automatically transferred to grade book. The scores are being recorded, only affecting grades when points are missed and not increasing grades when full points are achieved, leaving my total grade at a standstill even through the perfect completion of Labster labs. There are still at least 180 points left for Labster assignments to be added to grade book.

Does this seem plausible for my grade to not shift at the slightest when that many points have been added at 40%? I think there Is there a setting the professor has unknowingly activated that would be causing this-- what do you think?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi  @ribbon369  , I apologize that no one has yet responded to your question—but it might be because there are too many variables involved that the members of this forum aren't able to inspect. The course instructor sets the grading scheme for the course, and how grades display to students will be a function of that grading scheme as well as how the instructor manages the gradebook. If you still need help, please ask the instructor for clarification (How do I send a message to a user in a course in the Inbox as a student?)

View solution in original post

0 Likes