Why won’t my profile picture change?

Jump to solution
katie_salazar
Community Novice

I currently have an avatar but I've been trying to change my profile pic for the past school year but it won't change. Every time I select a new image as a profile picture all it does is say "selecting image" and it stays like that. I've tried changing it on different web pages such as Safari, Google chrome and also tried it through mobile. Any suggestions?

2 Solutions
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @katie_salazar  Welcome  to the Canvas Community! This might ultimately require the help of Canvas Support, but I'm going to hazard one guess, and that is that you might have reached your user files quota, which is 50mb (or that the photo file you're trying to upload is too large). Check out How do I view my user files as a student?. If you have a lot of files in there that you don't need, delete some of them, and then try uploading the profile photo again. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend that you start a support case (How do I get help with Canvas?).

View solution in original post

It worked! I deleted some of my files from my profile to free up some space and I was able to change my profile picture:)

Thank you!

View solution in original post