Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

On my Modules page, added page titles are being assigned a number. See the image below. The "-2" at the end of the first page title "NOLS| Step Forward..."I have gone back and edited each title to delete those numbers but they are automatically added...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My SIS import is running and giving me error that USER ID cannot be found under enrollment file.  I tried to run Provisioning report on Users.csv to included deleted objects but did not found deleted user that way.  Any other way to found out who is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there any way to have the Rubric screen as the default screen in SpeedGrader?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using the API: GET /api/v1/coursesThe API is returning a subset of my courses, and I can't determine why. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm a teacher, student or observer. I am wanting a list of all classes where I am a teacher, regardless o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have papers on the files section on canvas, and when I click files it is just an empty page. How do I get the files page to load on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access my google drive through canvas. It denies my access.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post grades on Canvas so that the students can see them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm a bit confused I logged on to my Canvas and it's empty (no modules and no option for seminars). What should I do?I picked up my student ID yesterday, and selected modules weeks ago. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How Cai I go BCSP Site (School Climate and Discipline Departament) ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to I enable the app placement under the external tool? the company gave me the key,the token and the domain. However on the external app tool the entries are ... What I'm missing? and where do I need to put the token information?NameConsumer KeyS...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to look at my assignments on my mac laptop but it wont allow me to have my dashboard load. It is loading fine on my iphone but isn't working on my laptop. I am connected to internet. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a new student at Evergreen Valley College. I need to know how to add a class code into my canvas in order to see any upcoming quizzes, tests, and homework. Seems simple but I don't know where to insert the code. What site and where? I nee...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have started using canvas through an online school and I'm having trouble getting my modules to load. When I press on the button the actual modules load, but once I click on them nothing will appear. The options on the left side will appear, and my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching two sections of the same class. Is there anyway to integrate the two so if I edit an assignment, I don't have to do it in both sections? Or if I post an announcement, it can automatically post to both?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

MY quiz shows a lock symbol. the quiz is due soon and I need help! I only see the answer options, not the pic.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I wasn't able to find this question already in the community. When grading a discussion in SpeedGrader, is it possible to pull the instructors response/activity into the Speedgrader window?If not, where is the best place to post this is an ide...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Whenever a student sends an email I receive the email notification twice. How can I correct this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I accidentally deleted a Perusall assignment that my students are in the middle of and I really need to restore it. I tried the /undelete trick that works for Canvas but with no luck. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

none of my classes are showing up on my dashboard and any class that I click on just shows a blank page without any of the needed information for the course, what can I do about this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

for instance the calendar does not load, nor does the dashboard, sometimes the reply box does not load or the submit button

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used to be able to see the week dates on the to do list on the card view but they are gone, now it only says the day. How can I get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a Blog on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-11-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

#I have named the course and cannot find to add assignments to the course.  or add modules to the course to start adding assignments.  Thanks 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our institution currently syncs nightly to our SIS because we haven't found a way to run an athletics report in Canvas. I've heard that there are universities that do this. Is there someone who has experience with this that could help me transition t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to have a Canvas discussion, but I need students to be able to attach a Googe Doc of their writing assignment so that others can access and give feedback as part of the discussion.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I contact the LACCD Web Master?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am very new to this. What is a module? Is it a course I would teach?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My colleague who is also teaching this course is showing up as a student in one of my classes...need help putting her in your 'right position'...LOL! Thanx! Sandy

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can access all of my course materials on the app on my phone, but when I try using my laptop the course will not show up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am using Canvas for school, and my dashboard does not seem to load at all. I have reloaded my page and restarted my laptop but nothing seems to be working. What can I do to resolve this issue? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies