Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there a faster way to get the last day of attendance recorded besides running the attendance report?  Participation and viewing are not attending.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a glossary in a Canvas course.  I indicated the panel (there are five) that I want the defined words to go to.  However, the html code only goes to the first panel.<a href="https://umd.instructure.com/courses/1147977/pages/glossary-of-terms...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We recently had a participant join a BigBlueButton conference via telephone using the call-in number provided. They then received a $20 long distance charge on their phone bill.We understand that this is a California area code (we are using this from...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I add a grading letter to the final  (total) grade?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if you can download the data generated by the +quiz/test feature in the assignments page?  There is a treasure trove of standards-based data that my colleagues and I could pull, but I just cannot seem to find a way to do so. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Recently I've had the pleasure of working with the good folks at addalingua in their journey to use Canvas to help fulfill their mission: inspire global empathy through education in two languages. As I was showing them some Canvas Rubrics I'd built ...

• 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Importing rubrics to Canvas

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The instructors want to be able to have interactions among students that are enrolled in different courses. Is that possible? And in that case, How?Ex: Math and Biology would like to have a cooperation about a theme and students that are enrolled in ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As feedback to an assigment I have uploaded a pdf file as feedback. I included my feedback using speedgrader. It is clearly visible for me, but my students  have difficulty finding the document.As I have noticed from screenshots, it is really not vis...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

why is my canvas telling me i dont have access to see my grade.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi canvasfam,I'm trying to set up a course with 3 linked quizzes.  We'll call quiz 1 a, quiz 2 b and quiz 3 c.How do I make it that failing a takes you to b, then passing b takes you to c, whilst at the same time passing  a takes you straight to c?Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I get on my Canvas page? I let someone use canvas and they signed in and I tried logging that person out and now I can get back into mine.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I dont know what to do now because im not a teacher and I meed access to my free student canvas account as a student at ashford university! What do I do?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i have 2 sections of students in a course. i would like to split them into 2 courses so i can make changes to the assessments for one section. is this possible? if so, how?Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I sign up for a new course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ahoy all,I need a Collaboration Office 365 Word document embedded into a Discussion. The small groups can work on their versions in Collaborations, but I want  the rest of the class to see the product of  collaboration in the Discussion prompt so the...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I now have dozens of courses in my extended (all courses) Canvas feed and routinely go back to old course rosters and grades when developing letters of recommendation for former students. But often I don't know which semester the student took the cou...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am trying to create groups for an activity, but they are not seen in the student view.  I saw a similar question on here that was answered with the advice of making groups within the group set.  I have my group set and my individual groups with...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

First, I am going to admit that I am not fluent in using Canvas data or Power BI that we are trying to set up at our university. I have more experience with Excel, so if I use the wrong terminology, please forgive me now.The situation that I find mys...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i logged into mylearning and i went to my chemistry course to take my module 3 and 6 quizes but it wont let me take the quiz

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I incorporate FlipGrid into Canvas discussions?  

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I find the courses to self select from? I have a 2nd course due by January 17th but it says I have no courses and I can not see any courses to self select. Thank you

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way in Canvas to copy Fall semester's Canvas into Spring semester in one fell swoop?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to see in one place the badges I grant my students? I'd like for the participation badge to be part of my grading.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I received the following email from a teacher in my school this morning...."Can you make a suggestion to Canvas? When I look at the assignments page, can they add a feature where I can see which assignments have work that need grading? Rahter than go...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

When are grades due for Fall 2019?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to view all of my pages from Pages.  Only the first 30 display with a "Loading more..." rotating circle at the bottom.  After 30 minutes, nothing more has displayed.Chrome/Windows 10  rebooted twice.  Cleared cache and cookies twice.

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

My winter course begins today but nothing is displayed within my canvas account within my university platform, from my instructor. What could cause the delay in course information?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do not see the list view for teachers.Is there particular setting to achieve so  or it is not available ?I assume it is only for Students.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible for students to print their badges with their name on the badge. It is one of the requirement for the class, but the students download their badges, it has no name on the badge? Thank you.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies